Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Wishful Wednesday #20

Eid Mubarak everyones, happy holiday too. Do you have wonderful or traffic jam inducing rage holiday? I spend my holiday peacefully at parents' home, meeting old friends, meeting partner in crime, trying to read book and playing osu!on my siblings' PC like a crazy.

I was trying to keep up with 100 reviews challenge then I remembered today was Wednesday. Before I close my laptop I may as well post WW for this week. What book I recently want?

The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud

In the six months since Anthony, Lucy, and George survived a night in the most haunted house in England, Lockwood & Co. hasn't made much progress. Quill Kipps and his team of Fittes agents keep swooping in on Lockwood's investigations. Finally, in a fit of anger, Anthony challenges his rival to a contest: the next time the two agencies compete on a job, the losing side will have to admit defeat in the Times newspaper. 
Things look up when a new client, Mr. Saunders, hires Lockwood & Co. to be present at the excavation of Edmund Bickerstaff, a Victorian doctor who reportedly tried to communicate with the dead. Saunders needs the coffin sealed with silver to prevent any supernatural trouble. All goes well-until George's curiosity attracts a horrible phantom. 
Back home at Portland Row, Lockwood accuses George of making too many careless mistakes. Lucy is distracted by urgent whispers coming from the skull in the ghost jar. Then the team is summoned to DEPRAC headquarters. Kipps is there too, much to Lockwood's annoyance. Bickerstaff's coffin was raided and a strange glass object buried with the corpse has vanished. Inspector Barnes believes the relic to be highly dangerous, and he wants it found.
I have read the first book and it is wonderful. It's scary too and there a bit touch of sarcastic POV I always want from Stroud. The characters are so likable, I love George the most! I suspect The Skull George keeps like some kind of mute pet is a character like our beloved Bartimeous. It will be released next September. Can't wait!

Btw, don't you want to join WW? Go to Mbak Astrid's blog now, chop chop!

1 comment:

  1. samaaaa...pingin banget cepetan baca buku ini.. katanya GPU juga bakal segera nerbitin..hihihi

    ReplyDelete

sankyu ya (*≧▽≦)